Volunteer opportunities with Fiesta Youth:
We rely on volunteers like you to help facilitate and supervise youth meetings. Interactions with caring adults can have a positive impact on youth. Your presence makes a difference!
As a Fiesta Youth volunteer, the following opportunities are available to you:
- Youth Meeting Volunteer - You attend Fiesta Youth meetings on Tuesdays from 6:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M.. This is a once-a-month commitment for a minimum of 12 months.
- Youth Events Volunteer - You attend occasional Fiesta Youth events (e. g. field trips, our Prom, working at the resource table at community events, etc.). This is occasional participation, on an as-needed basis.
- Special Events Volunteer - Join fundraising planning committees (e. g. "Midnight in the Garden", "Hocus Pocus", etc.). This is participation for events which finance our programming.
- Administrative Volunteer - This involves data entry and other administrative duties as needed. The Program Director will send out occasional requests for help in this regard.
All volunteers will need to complete the steps outlined below.
Requirements for Volunteers:
- Must be 21 or older;
- Must make a minimum 6 month commitment to volunteering (12 months for Youth Meeting Volunteers);
- Must complete the steps to becoming a volunteer outlined below.
Steps to Becoming a Fiesta Youth Volunteer:
1. Complete an application;
2. Application is reviewed;
3. Consent to a criminal background check (every two years);
4. Attend Volunteer Training;
5. Begin volunteer placement;
6. Have fun supporting youth!
P.O. Box 291036
San Antonio, TX 78229