Youth Meetings for teens are held every Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at University Presbyterian Church located at 300 Bushnell, 78212
Check out our CALENDAR to see upcoming meeting activities!
What are Youth Meetings Like?
We welcome all youth aged 12-18 to come join us for a Fiesta Youth Meeting. Our youth meetings were created to provide a safe, non-judgemental, affirming place for all LGBTQIA youth. Every Tuesday, our youth meet at UPC to meet new friends, participate in fun games and activities (field trips, too!), and join in on group discussions.
A typical Fiesta Youth meeting looks like:
- 6:30p to 6:45p - Social/Snack time
- Walk right on in and enjoy a snack. Don't forget to sign-in!
- 6:45p - Circle of Introductions (Listen up for the bell! This is our way of letting you know that we are starting the meeting.) To start off introductions, a Fiesta Youth Volunteer will start off by introducing themselves then each person in the circle introduces themselves by stating their:
- Preferred Gender Pronoun (PGP) (He/Him, She/Her,They/Them/Theirs, Ze/Hir,etc.)
- Topic of the Day (Ex. What song best describes your day/week?)
- 7:00p to 7:15ish - Announcements & Fun Game
- At this time, Fiesta Youth Volunteers/Facilitators will make any important announcements about upcoming events/projects. Then, everyone plays a quick activity/game.
- 7:15p to 8:15p - Middle School & High School Groups
- 8:15p to 8:30p - "Pass the Squeeze" send off tradition & Shout-Outs
- "Pass the Squeeze" is our send off tradition where everyone gathers into a circle and joins hands. The leader will then squeeze the hand of the person next to them, who will then pass the squeeze onto the next person (without peeking of course). The goal is to pass the squeeze back to the leader. After our send-off, we allow a couple of minutes for anyone to make a genuine shout-out. Shout-outs are special acknowledgments and appreciations to other youth and volunteers. Although compliments are always encouraged, we like to save this time for those extra special acknowledgements.
- 8:30p - Parent Pick-up (Parents, please arrive promptly)
- That's all folks!
We really hope you join us for a meeting and form lasting friendships! If you are the shyer type, that's ok! Parents and youth are always welcome to just observe a meeting for their first time. The initial part of the meeting can be nerve-racking for some so we want to be sure that we are understanding of that and make all youth feel welcome.
No Pressure Guaranteed!